The Defining Challenge of Our Generation is Sustainable Energy and Manufacturing
Our mission is to identify innovators with ideas for energy- and science-based technologies that can have a significant impact on the lives of billions of people. We will provide these innovators with the laboratory tools, seed capital, and collaborators needed to grow their early-stage technologies so they can attract the long-term capital and commercial partners needed to scale and launch into the marketplace. If you’re interested in applying for the program, learn more by reading the CRI Applicant FAQs.
Our Guiding Principles
- The solution to sustainable energy requires complex science.
- It will take breakthroughs in chemistry, physics, materials, and engineering to develop sustainable energy sources and deliver that energy affordably across the globe, including to the 1.4 billion people currently living without access to power, clean water and the billions more with unreliable power.
- A better environment, secure future, and competitive America depends on advanced manufacturing.
- Big challenges require big, bold partnerships.
- The invention, development, and commercialization of transformative innovations require collaboration between government and the private sector to successfully transition new technologies from the lab to the marketplace.
Our Path to Success
- We identify the best and brightest innovators.
- We provide unprecedented access to world-class scientific tools and expertise.
- We partner innovators with mentors to build strong business strategies and distribute game-changing technologies.