As a prelude to the 2016 Michigan Energy Innovators Gala, small-business leaders will hear about Chain Reaction Innovations and Nano Design Works, two Argonne National Laboratory programs aimed at leveraging the resources of a national laboratory to expedite entrepreneurship.
The panel “From the Lab to the Living Room: How Public-Private Partnerships Can Advance Your Energy Innovation” will discuss federal, state, and private-sector opportunities that can help businesses further develop and commercialize clean energy innovation, as well as policy issues that could impact business. The event is complementary for members of Pew’s Clean Energy Business Network and guests who would like to learn more.
Topics will include:
· Mission Innovation: an initiative to double federal funding for clean energy research and development
· New programs at Argonne National Laboratory to partner cleantech entrepreneurs with scientists and the business community
· Resources available from cleantech incubators to help commercialize new technologies
· Recommendations for navigating available resources and market opportunities
· Strategies for attracting private capital